Comenius Hall was built in 1892 when Moravian College moved to the Main Street campus. Designed to house the dorms, classrooms, offices, cafeteria, and gym of the college, this large gothic building was a landmark. Sadly, a fire on Halloween night in 1913 gutted the top three floors.
The remodeling replaced the dorms, gym, and cafeteria with more classrooms and offices. Today, Comenius Hall houses classrooms, faculty offices, and Borhek Chapel. In front of the building stands a statue of John Amos Comenius, which was a gift to the college from Charles University of Prague and the Moravian Church of Czechoslovakia.